BIG DATA SUMMIT: Effective Data Management and Analytics to Drive Successful Projects
From its position on the horizons of enterprise understanding a couple of years ago, Big Data is now very much central to many firms today. Ninety per cent of the world's data has been created within the last two years and its volumes are growing with our every click and keystroke. Big data is massive and messy, and it's coming at us fast. However, if captured it can be catalogued and analysed to power incredibly advanced decision making. As we move beyond Big Data hype we start to see more and more practical examples of how next-generation Big Data technologies can help every business move towards more data-driven and evidence based business models.
But it isn't a simple path from A to B. Big Dig data also presents a whole new set of challenges for data management teams as setting the optimal data management strategy right is as crucial as selecting the right storage and analysis tools. More often than not, standard data management practices don't apply to the enormous volumes of unstructured data seen today.
Computing's third Big Data Summit will tackle all of these issues, and answer questions like: What are the different flavours of Big Data and how do you bring them together? What tools and skills do you need for Big Data analytics? What is the role of the data warehouse in the Big Data world and how can you integrate it with platforms like Hadoop?
- Kevin Gallagher, CIO, Channel4
- Alejandro Jaimes, Director of Research, Yahoo!
- Davide Cervellin, Head of EU MD Analytics, eBay
- Nigel Davis, Head of Platforms and Delivery, Willis
- Charles Ewen, CIO, The Met Office
- Trevor Attridge, CIO, MEC
- James Robbins, CIO, Northumbrian Water
- Darren Myles, Information Governance Manager, Bupa UK
- Robert Bond, Partner, IP, Technology & Data, Speechly Bircham
- Rashpal Kullar, Head of ICT Architecture, Strategy & Compliance, The Hyde Group
- Barry Coatesworth, Information Security Officer, New Look
- Lauren Sager Weinstein, Head of Analytics, Customer Experience, Transport for London
Qualified end users can attend for FREE* REGISTER HERE
The programme will comprise expert key notes, real world case studies and interactive discussion panels led by senior IT practitioners who will share their tips for Big Data technologies and data management strategies.
Join us for a FREE TO ATTEND one day event and:
- Understand what type of data you have got and what is the best system to store and process it in
- Learn how to choose analytics tools that are right for your business
- Hear about skills you need to successfully operate a Big Data infrastructure
- Explore the links between Big Data and Master Data Management
- Find out how to align your Big Data and data governance strategies
*The organisers decision is final